Old 04-08-2011, 06:52 AM
cmapco837

Originally Posted by ckcowl
the 'courage'??? to me it is one of the easier ones to make...try it, you may be surprised!

the pattern is from the magazine; McCall's Quilting March/April 2010. (YUP, a year old) the pattern is called :"Cubism" by Karen Combs- you may be able to find a pattern on her website- or find a copy of the magazine.
i will take pics later when i get to sewing today and show a little tutorial on putting them together- but really as long as you take the time to do some prep work they really are easy!
the prep work is drawing your 1/4" seam line on each diamond. then you simply pin the match points, stitch on the line; press and voila! the illusion comes from using light/medium/dark-just like any tumbling block.
in the magazine there is a pattern template to trace which is 2 1/2" per side- i did not use this- i wanted larger cubes- i made my template out of template plastic -3 1/2" per side.

Originally Posted by JuneD
Wow, that is beautiful!!! I haven't the courage yet to try a tumbling block!!
ok have a rather silly question is the inside 3 1/2 by3 1/2? What happens when you get them all put toghter do they come out even on the sides?