Old 04-08-2011, 06:54 AM
normasews

Originally Posted by Suzi
Picky? No! I shop the thrift stores for sheets and tablecloths, books, teapots and VCR's and never walk out empty handed. I get more fabric in one sheet than in 5 men's shirts and it all matches ----- use them for backings ----- and each sheet costs me a grand total of $1.50. Some of the fabric is cotton/poly and it wears like iron and is no problem handquilting. I'm always amazed at the brand new items that people simply throw away ......... unbelievable! The one thing that I do is to donate a large trash bag stuffed full of goodies on each day that I go "treasure hunting" ...... makes DH happy that way.
I'm also a sheet buyer. Lots of fabric for little money. Although, sheets around here are not $1.50. They usually run $2.99-$4.99, but even at that it's a good bargain for the amount of fabric. Some of the prints in these sheets are just as amazing as some of the prints in current fabric, just MHO. For these sheets, I just like to add a couple of borders and quilt it. I'm loving the results!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-181210.jpe   attachment-181211.jpe