View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 07:25 AM
clem55

We spent thousands of dollars getting our basement waterproofed, and it works great as long as the sump pumps work. And that is the problem. First time, the power went out and the pump couldnt run, 2 inches of water covered the entire "finished" basement( (1000 square feet of carpet!!) Everything was ruined including the paneling on thre walls. Bought a battery back up pump that would turn on automatically if the power went off. Re-did everything from scratch, but used drywall instead of panerling, new carpet. Came a nice storm , again, 2 years later, only this time the main pump failed, power stayed on, so back-up didnt turn on. Everything has been redone again, and hubby said if it happens again, it isn't going to be fixed. The last timre the water was over the top of my foot. By the way, we also had water pour in the window once when the window well filled to the window edge. That was almost funny when we thought of how we must have looked. Hubby was outside in pouring rain and lightning, bailing out the water as fast as he could \while I was running around finding everything and anything that I could stuff in the window to try to hold back the water. We solved that issue by having the windows removed and glass blocks cemented in.