Old 04-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Julianna

Originally Posted by quiltmaker
Originally Posted by Julianna
This reminds me of an egg hunt when I was a little girl. Our minister was absolutely against any celebration at Easter...no new clothes, no special food, and no egg hunts. The Sunday School parents decided to hide colored eggs behind church (out in the countryside) on Saturday and we kids could find them after Sunday morning church service. We were so excited. We found the colored eggs and they broke all over our clothes and hands, and made a big mess. We saw our minister standing there laughing loudly. He had replaced the dyed hard-boiled eggs with dyed raw eggs. He thought it was hilarious. Our parents thought it was horrible. The next Easter we had eggs hunts at home.

Oh My, that was an awful thing for that minister to do. I just can't imagine that at all. :-(
He seemed so full of hate. Wouldn't let his daughters finish high school or get drivers licenses, said females were merely "vessels for procreation", gave hour long sermons at weddings about duty, was always angry and demeaning etc. I joined a different church but returned for my 50 year Confirmation reunion. My husband never believed all the stories I told about my school days, but when he heard them from my friends he did. Took me a while to forgive all the insults but I did. Still can't forget so still praying. Sorry for the vent but it helps sometimes.