View Single Post
Old 03-05-2009, 09:15 PM
cnolan

This was a consignment. When I agreed to do it, I had a basic idea of what I needed to do (stabilizers, etc.), but I did not really have much of a clue as to what the basic design was going to be. I told the woman that I had never done a t-shirt quilt before, but she insisted that the person who told her about me insisted I could do "ANYTHING and it would be beautiful". Although the thought was flattering, I admit I was also quite nervous. After all, that is a pretty high expectation to live up to!!!

Well, I agreed to do it. It was slow going at first, and I really did not think I was going to like it. However, after I got the first row done, I decided that I did not want to make all the blocks the same size ~ I would go for a more "artsy" look. This made a huge difference for me. I am actually very pleased with the results.

The customer was so thrilled she cried when she saw it, and she called to tell me her son had the same reaction. You can't ask for better than that!!! :)

The quilting was done by a fabulous long-arm quilter named Michelle Eno. The quilting really adds a lot. Thanks, Michelle! :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28371[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-28371.jpe   attachment-29154.jpe