Old 04-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Kitzone

Originally Posted by iluvmycats
I'm pretty new to this Quilting Board and I'm sure that this question has been addressed numerous times but I don't have time to go thru all 915 pages. Is there any way to get the musty smell out of the older Singer machines. I have a 221 and just purchased a 301A that I love and am using for my quilting. The 301 is not in the case because I'm sewing with it and I have to purchase a new case for the 221. I'm still holding on to the original cases. But the smell gets to my asthma. Any good suggestions would be appreciated and I'm thanking all in advance. Blessings, Nancy
Welcome to VSMS!! I am sure there are several different remedies but I have had success with a product called Odor-B- Gone. A friend bought a old farm house that had been vacant for several years. They were planning on moving in and renovating but found a skunk had been living under the porch. Needless to say the sunk was not happy having people encroach on his/her territory and sprayed everyplace. The odor was horrific. After a couple applications of Odor-B-Gone the sunk smell was gone.

You might want to try it on a towel outside first as I am not sure what might work for you and your asthma.

** Just called them and they said it was OdoBan and they purchased it at Sam's Club or Walmart. Sorry for the confusion.

Judy