View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 02:38 PM
angelarose

Originally Posted by Katia
My husband went to visit his dad in the hospital last weekend. He has been in the hospital for three months and now will be going to a nursing home. My FIL was asking about what I was doing and my husband told him I had been doing a lot of sewing and was making quilts. Well, he thought that was wonderful and asked if I might would make him a quilt because he gets so cold all the time. So how could I refuse?
I hd lots of scraps already in blues so I decided to make something really quick and easy. There is not real design. I backed it with flannel. I did a wide binding and fancy stitched it to the front. I normally hand sew a narrower binding, but I figure this will get a lot of washing and needs to be sturdy. It is not a large quilt, just 48 x 48 inches. But I figure that will be good for when he is up in a chair.
So here it is. I needed to practice FMQ. I do ok, but I tend to get my lines too tight.
You made a beautiful quilt! The colors are so beautiful and peaceful. So kind of you to think of your FIL in such a dear way.
Blessings!
angela