Thread: Shop Hop...
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 04:14 PM
DollyRose

I am participating in my very first shop hop the last two days, the first two of nine days. Yesterday 4 shops, two states (we did sneak across the boarder into Oregon. Today only 2 shops and I am totally pooped! and never even left the county we started in. I have put myself on restriction... nope, I've grounded myself, no hopping until next week. I called my sister Patti in CA "You have to come get me out of here now!" "Are you in a fabric store?" Ahh, she knows me all to well :) "I have to hang up now, Alexander Henry on sale, perfect inspiration for beads, gotta go!" And then off to another shop where the owner was working on the long arm on the most beautiful quilt, "Oh my gawd! Who made this quilt? Outstanding!" "Carolyn Ticknor and I'll tell her what you said." "Ha, small world, I used to work at HP." (Carolyn used to be the VP at HP.) Shannon said "Ohhh, that gives me chest pain, I'm new to quilting and that is beautiful!" Out the door and off to another shop but we realized that fabric overload had set in and put off the other two same county shops for later date. Now I'm off to my torch and glass to pick out some colors for beads with my 'Safari Burst' fabric... perhaps I'll rest up a little first :-D