View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Kitsapquilter

No Pictures today, just an announcment. I have a quilt top made for our new grandbaby that was due in June. Just need to get it quilted. Now I still need to have it quilted by June because he probably won't be going home from the hospital before that.
He was born yesterday afternoon (the 7th). He was dealing his Mom too much misery. She developed the preclampsia and was beginning to have trouble with the kidneys. The drs. decided the best thing for both Mom and baby Miller Stuart was to go ahead and get him out of there. He is a tiny little one--2 lbs. 7 oz. 14 1/2" long. But he is doing well. Strong heartbeat. (I might add when his Dad was born he was a 10 lb.'er.) Miller has some growing to do to catch up to that. They are under the best care for preemies that is in this area...Seattle Swedish hospital. This is our son and his wife's first baby and Dad is very proud. We expect that with all the prayers little baby Miller is going to do just fine.
I think now maybe I shoud make some smaller size blankets for the first month or two he is home. The one I have ready to quilt is crib size.
Just wanted to share our joyful news.