Old 04-08-2011, 06:09 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

[quote=mtspools]
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Originally Posted by mtspoolsI bought this kenwood at garage sale 2 or 3 years ago for $25.00. I can find lots info on singers but nothing on this. do not find any serial number on it, where might they be?Aslo it says made in USA .Does anyone know anything about this machine? thanks for any info I can get.[/quote

Your Kenwood is beautiful... could it have been made by the White Co.? It looks like one they made so maybe it was badged as a Kenwood. The cabinet and the irons are so pretty.

What I really LOVE is the quilt in your avatar. Do you have a bigger picture of that? Is it your own design? It's gorgeous!
where would i find A serial # on it. and how old do you think it is . Thank you for compliment on the quilt i bought the pattern ,its called OMIGOSH HERE IS bigger picture.
Oh my... ooodles of teeny tiny pieces! What a work of art...

If the Kenwood has no serial number visible, try looking on the underside of the machine head. Sometimes the numbers are embossed into the frames underneath.

I went to Google images to look at pics of antique White machines, and found this one:
http://img1.classistatic.com/cps/po/...38640k_27.jpeg
Kinda similar to yours but minus the triple thread thingy on the top of the arm. Your machine just reminds me of a White... It appears to be a vibrating shuttle machine, by the look of the two front-to-back shuttle plates. I love the big square head on those.
It's not made by Singer, as they never badged machines for any other company. Every machine they made was labeled "Singer".