Thread: Help!
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 06:20 PM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BKrenning
I'm having the same quandary over sashing. I think it needs something but it's a diagonal set quilt so any continuous design has to be spot on. The blocks are quilted right up to the sashing so there is a 2" or less area that is unquilted between all 16" blocks. The blocks are quilted with an Orange Peel. The setting triangles have a waterlily motif. The first border is a similar but simpler continuous waterlily and the final border is the fancier waterlily also continuous. For now, the quilt is loaded on the frame so I see it every time I walk into my office or past the window outside. Eventually a solution will come to me.

Back to your issue. How big is this quilt? Can you post a pic? What kind of other quilting designs are going on in the quilt and how close do they come to the border?
Speaking of posting pics, would love to see the one you are describing it sounds lovely!

And no you don't have to quilt the border if you don't want to. I would stand back and stare at it for a while. It will tell you if it needs it or not.