View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 08:29 PM
dreamer2009

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
i should mention that i shop online for fabric 99.99% of the time.

when i receive fabric i inspect for flaws and that the length/width is correct the moment i open the boxes.

Connecting Threads = ordered 9 yards of one fabric - measured it and it was 8 yards - i'm short an entire yard.

called them and they said i have to send it back because its cut by a machine and its never off.

i explained that the machine certainly does make mistakes because i'm looking at it.

isn't it easier to put a yard in the mail to me - i don't care that its two difference pieces - i'm just gonna cut it up any way.

she says, we have to confirm the mistake.

i said, don't you think its a tremendous waste of money and time for a fabric that costs $4 a yard.

i'm going to mail you 8 yards and then you're going to mail me back 9 yards - when just popping a yard in the mail today settles the problem.

if you think i'm lying about the missing yard wouldn't i just cut off a yard now and send you 8 back???

this isn't going to prove anything except that its not a cost effective way to do business.

needless to say, neither her nor her manager saw the logic and they are paying to pick up the fabric and then paying to ship it corrected back out to me.

shopping experience was a major fail!

Fabric. com = i ordered 8 yards of one fabric and received 8.5 yards. then i ordered 3 other fabrics all 1.5 yards and received an extra 3 inches on all of those pieces.

the fabrics look great and i saved either $50 from the other online sellers or $90 if i had purchased it from the LQS.

plus i received 2 coupons in the package for my next purchases along with a free seam gauge.

so over the moon transaction.
you did NOT get extra fabric from fabric.com...if you read their info they always sell you a METER, not a yard of fabric, you got what you paid for!

as for CT, I have never had them tell me that...always just sent me the fabric I was short!
here's the link to what Fabric.com says - read our generous cuts section

http://www.fabric.com/SitePages/WhyShop.aspx

its 1 inch extra for every yard.

i got an extra 3 inches on each of the 1.5 yards so that is more then what they say on their website that you will receive.

it should have been 1.5 inches extra i got 3 inches extra.

on the 8 yards that i ordered i should have received an extra 8 inches and i got 18 extra inches - that a full 10 inches more then they state on the website.

it clearly says for every Yard (not meter) we cut you will receive another inch.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: