Old 04-09-2011, 07:22 AM
Flying_V_Goddess

Does it matter if you’ve been a quilter for years and don’t have a lot of finished projects to show for it? There are people on here who probably have dozens of projects completed and are always showing new stuff. I made my first quilt at the end of ‘06. So far I’ve only made three quilts (and one is not completely finished yet), a bunch of test blocks with horrendous fabric, and a few smaller projects. I certainly have enough ideas to get me going for a while, but it seems like I can never find the time to sit down and do them. Planning is easy because I can do that on paper or my laptop and I can take those anywhere. Getting it beyond that seems to be the hard part. And money is tight, too, so I can't always get things for projects. Like when I go into a quilt shop (which is not too often) I spend like $20 and I'm calculating every penny to make sure I don't go overboard. Some quilters have spent hundreds without much thought to it and have enough fabric to get all their projects done and then some.

I don't know...I'm just not feeling like much of a quilter right now.