Old 04-09-2011, 07:33 AM
frugalfabrics

Everyone body has a different sized stash...I never try and compare myself to what others have or what others have completed.

I'm like you. I've been quilting for over 20 years and years ago I made lots of baby quilts...but in the past years I have only made less than 6 quilts..not all of them completed.

I, too, am amazed how some people just whip out a king sized quilt top in an afternoon and then have it put together and quilted the next day! I know that I will personally never be able to do it...so I just admire their work and appreciate the beautiful quilts that I get to look at on this board.

Sometimes it just takes sitting down to start something that will get you going. When I got the Downy Quilt Kit, I immediately sat down determined to see how much I could get done in a days time. After sewing for 5 hours, I had only completed the top (which is a kids size quilt, so it's not very big). I did find once I got started, that I got lost in time and enjoyed all 5 hours of sewing. but I also know that it's very rare for me to have 5 hours to sew without having to do something.

Good luck with your sewing...maybe try a small project, so you can feel like you've "completed" something and that may inspire you to move on to a bigger project.

Thrift stores and yard sales are great places to collect a stash for pennies on the dollar. I hardly ever go into the LQS anymore because I can't afford the prices. I usually only buy from Hobby Lobby when they have a 40% off coupon.