View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Iris P.

Originally Posted by Audball
This is lovely. I like the open feather quilting without a lot of traveling on the same spot. I think this would be easier for me to do as I find it hard to stitch right on top of the first line of stitching. Your choice of colours (Canadian spelling) is interesting. And, April is just beginning and you are done already.!!
Thank you all for the nice comments about my quilt. As for the feathers, I cannot for the life of me backtrack on any line of stitching that I do! However, using Sally Terry's technique for making feathers, I do not have to!!!! All I need to do is to be able to make an S curve and it's done! (I bought the Sally Terry "Hooked on Feathers" book ). And honestly, if I can do this, anyone can! :-D :-D :-D Iris

p.s. As for the choice of colours (aussie spelling as well!), I save my scraps and the smaller ones I cut into 1 1/2 inch strips. When I have enough, I make a log cabin quilt with whatever I have available in a certain range of colours. However it comes out, that's what it is! As you can tell, the results can have some interesting or weird combinations, to say the least.