View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 11:54 AM
coolcat

Originally Posted by Radiana
Duvet I too will pray for those here on the board who are facing difficulties and health issues. I certainly can relate. I'm in very poor health and very overweight and can't seem to find the energy to clear off the table so I can start on a new project.

It can get very depressing for me but then last night as I was trying to go to sleep I ran a gratitude checklist in my mind and I felt very blessed. And that doesn't mean that I don't have some heavy heartaches but in order to get past them I've got to look at the whole picture.

As far as the weight loss challenge goes, it's been a rough start and to be honest I already bought a very pretty fat quarter for the winner. Hopefully, I will be ready to participate in the next weight loss challenge but what I realize is April will be devoted to getting ready for the challenge.

I have got to get the mess I live in organized. I simply cannot function any longer living in such a stressful environment. The clutter is driving me up a wall. I have so many things to give to charity and yet I find I can't let go of them. I made the first step yesterday when I gave some of my skirts to a friend. She tried them on and looked so nice in them and it did my heart good. That's what I have to think of when I put each item in a bag for the charity truck.

I know I can keep a tidy house if I have a place to put everything and I also know I could get rid of 50% of my belongings without missing them. How many mixing bowls and screwdrivers do I need?

There have been a few times in my life when I've had everything in order and in it's place and I felt like I was floating on air. And I actually started losing weight because I kept so busy just having a good time and getting things done. In addition to floating on air I felt that I had a tremendous amount of energy.

So this month I'll be getting ready to participate in next months weight loss challenge. Good luck to everyone.
Radiana, Keep your chin held high. You can do this. Didn't it make you feel good when you saw her in your skirts? As you give things away or get rid of them, you will make each person who get your things feel good and happy they have them. Try to think of how glad they are to get some of your things that maybe they don't have.

I know how you feel, it is hard wanting to have a clean house but don't feel like doing anything. One just has to pick themselves up by their bootstraps and do it. It will make you feel so much better.
The hardest part of all this is to get started. That is what I need to do to lose this awful weight is to get started.
I will think of you and pray a prayer so you can have the energy to change things and turn your life around.
Good luck, dear.