Old 04-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Kitsie

Originally Posted by MTS
Originally Posted by Kitsie
MTS - perhaps we could go to the blog and ask their contact person if they can do an English translation. I'll see what I can find out.
Sure, if she can (and wants) to translate it.

My point was just that even if the Google translation to English was sufficiently readable, it would NOT be alright to just PUBLISH the translation on this site or any other, even if the original author was given due credit.

That's all. There's a lot of copying and pasting of things from other sites, and it's really not kosher. Even if credit is given. ;-) And clearly this lady has worked very hard on her tutorial - even if it's not her original idea. I would hate to see that get lost in the translation, so to speak. ;-)

Just saying.
Could not find a way to contact Naomi through her blog or using Facebook. Have PM'd tothcani (?) to see if she can help.

Always pains me to see people ask to "borrow" patterns, etc. I'm sure you've had that happen many times, too.

But are blog tutes like this not public domain? What about ones by quilters eg: Kaye Woods, Sharon Shambler, etc? We are free to download and use them. And I did not see anywhere a price to buy the tutorial. (But then it IS in Hungarian! LOL Many of us have passed along a tutorial or other info from such information for the board members