Old 03-07-2009, 04:49 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mgshaw
Thanks everyone!!!!! :D I found some black fabric with different colored chickens on it the other day and went ahead and got it. I couldnt find the color of chicken wire fabric I wanted. (I had used some in the quilt that was tan with brown wire that I really would have liked for the borders) I was afraid the lighter colors would just fall away. So I will play with this black and see what it will look like. :D
black is good. it makes everything pop, and has chickens.
Before that I was thinking of maybe a large checkerboard type border that resembled chicken wire, but this would certainly be less work. Oh, if you had some more of those little eggs with the feet for the corners. They are sooo cute. I think everybody is in love with this one.
I want to do something similar, but i don't collect chickens, maybe whimsical kitty cats for my daughter. I should do one with bugs for Anna. That little girl is going to be an entomologist. She befriends and names all creepy crawlies. I should take her to visit terri in the jungle. (terri of the jungle...how cute!) :wink: