Old 04-09-2011, 06:50 PM
deedum

Friday eve: After much practice, and I did say much, I decide to spread out into the next room,next to my sewing room. Set up my old Singer 15, now that I know the feed dogs drop:). A handy piece of information for sure! Now keep in mind, this would be my dh's den! So now I have the old singer and 2 large tables for support! My dh helped me set it up, and he said " You might as well have this room to as you already spilled over into it. I don't use it anyway". Bless him, what a sweetheart! I start my FMQ and moving right along and grrrrrr. thread breaks ***. Oh again, grrr****. Ok, put in next size up again, same thing, clean the machine, ck the tension,,,,,gggggrrrrrrrrr, again, what the Hey?Ck the thread, moving along, break break, grrrr. Ck everything, gee,running out of ideas, too bad it was going well though except this, oh wait a minute! Someone somewhere said to use a stretch needle!!! In the car, shoot across 20 miles of countryside to my LQS, now I am in store, chatting with a real nice clerk, I have come to known over the years. Then met some other nice people and had a very lovely conversation, knowing that I am on a time schedule, I had 6 women coming over Saturday to work on a quilt. My mind is on all the things I got to get ready for Saturday, clean up sr, house, can you imagine? and what am I going to serve for lunch, snacks, but what the heck! $35.00 later I left the store with my one pack of stretch needles and sale fabric I can' t pass up even though I perhaps should of, but it was a great sale! Anywhoo, now the needle is in the machine, purring right along and snap, the thread breaks again. What the heck! One more time, ok snap again! Again, grrrr! OK, well I think i got a pack of "quilting needle" Singer or not, I am trying it! Now I a am purring along and FMQing like their is no tomorrow! Wowsers! Gee, what a diffrence the right needle can make!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-181965.jpe