Old 04-09-2011, 08:58 PM
JanetM

Yesterday and today I attended a Pfaff Treasures 2 day embroidery event. It was hosted by Sewing Machines Plus, a local dealer. All of us "students" had so much fun. Dawn and Karla, both Pfaff Educators really were great, and amazingly talented. We used brand new Pfaffs...Creative 4.0 machines.

Today we made a small cutwork bag in the hoop. The cutwork is done by the embroidery machine and requires "cutwork needles" which really are knives which cut the fabric for you!!!!

The larger bag has a center floral design/monogram that was machine embroidered on green silk dupioni. Then we sandwiched it with batting and a black lining fabric and using the decorate tapered swirl stitch, did the quilting, which you can see radiates outward from the embroidered design in the center. We put in a zipper using Dawn's easy method, sewed the two side seams and we were finished. We even put the tassel on by machine. Dawn had programmed a satin stitch that formed the top of the tassel.

I've never worked with silk dupioni before today. It was so easy to work with and is such a beautiful fabric, so I plan to purchase some in several colors. It really resists wrinkles, and has such a pretty sheen. Those of you whom (or who....eeks..I need help from an English teacher) have used silk dupioni know just what I mean.

Anyway, I had a great day.

Cutwork Bag
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182045[/ATTACH]

Cutwork Bag opened..oops some of those threads need trimming.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182046[/ATTACH]

Silk Dupioni Bag (front)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182047[/ATTACH]

Silk Dupioni Bag (back)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182049[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-182039.jpe   attachment-182040.jpe   attachment-182041.jpe   attachment-182043.jpe