View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 10:02 PM
d.rickman

Originally Posted by Astramorgaine
I haven't quilted anything since February. I go in my room, sit in front of the machine and... Nothing. I would like to finish some projects that I started and begin new ones. I think my muse went on vacation without me! Has this ever happened to you? How did you get past it? Thanks in advance for any input :)
Perhaps the projects you have not finished have gotten you down, start something new, and then perhaps you can get back at those haunting projects, that are waiting for you, they will be there when you are ready again.

Or could it be the weather, need to change your environment for a day - spend time with some other quilters - check out some quilt shops close to you.

I think you need to go shopping for some material and find something that really inspires you and will get you motivated again, or take a small class like I did with the ruching class, and it was only for a few hours, came home and made three to give away. Perhaps making something for someone else, the gift of giving always inspires me. I tend to do that a lot, my husband says I don't have any of my own projects in our home, as I give them all away.

I hope you can get past this!! Make something and share with us, the messages you receive may get you going again - I will be waiting...cheers, Donna