View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 05:46 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by StitchinJoy
And so the obsession begins... so innocently. And then you're hooked. LOL!

I made several of these and all different size blocks, and all different settings. If the pattern was gigantic, I cut bigger squares to begin with. I used 2" cuts, 2 1/2', and even 4" cuts. The size of the cuts really depended on my fabric.

Isn't it great how we share and inspire each other? Love them all.

SJoy ... you've summed up my first week here as a Newbie. I'm totally hooked ... on this Board and on 4PPS and OBW, and my brain has overfloweth with all the ideas, stimulation and inspiration. Not that I was lacking on the ideas part before ... but the stimulation and inspiration is more than dangerous for me!!! I DO have other things I MUST do!!! :)

All ... I just HAD to get at it! And couldn't wait to try it out and took the first piece I found in my stash that I thought may work. It didn't even have the full 4 repeats, about 3-1/2, only about a metre. I've kept about ten inches along the selvedge left, as I wanted to be sure to have some to show the original fabric. Maybe setting squares? Borders? Not sure!

The pattern wasn't overly big, so I figured I'd better keep the square size down to 2-1/2", or I wouldn't get the kaleidoscope effects.

I just stuck them up on my design wall as I went, and that's what you see. I'm not sure on the sashing yet ... my eyes were too bleary by the time I got to that point! I'm not a big fan of black and I have been thinking about purple (that'd be blackish, right?) or a green? or ??

Please post thoughts and suggestions!!