View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Feathers

BQ or Baby Quilt

Finished Block is 9 inches -
THESE DIRECTIONS ARE FOR A 6 BLOCK LAP ROBE - TO MAKE A LARGER QUILT JUST DOUBLE EVERYTHING FOR 12 BLOCKS, TRIPLE FOR 18 BLOCKS, ETC.

Piece "A" - Cut 6 1/2 inch squares Focus Print - On my quilt it's the BUNNY FABRIC-I used 12 blocks so I cut 12 squares ea. 6 1/2 inches

BACKGROUND: Purple is background in my quilt.
Cut 1 (one) strip WOF or at least 30 inches long 1 1/2 inches wide
Cut 2 (two) strips WOF or at least 30 inches long 2 1/2 inches wide

DARK ACCENT: YELLOW was my DARK/ACCENT
Cut 4 (four) strips WOF or at least 30 inches long 1 1/2 inches wide
Cute 1 of the 4 yellow strips into 6 segments each 3 1/2 inches long so now you have a of yellow measuring 1 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches

SEW:
Sew a 1 1/2 inch wide piece of the YELLOW fabric with a PURPLE 1 1/2 inch piece by WOF. Cut this Yellow/Purple strip with each segment measuring 3 1/2 inches. You will need 12 of these 3 1/2 inch wide pieces.

SEW:
1 1/2 inch wide YELLOW to a 2 1/2 inch wide PURPLE by WOF. Cut these Yellow/Purple strips into segments each measuring 4 1/2 inches. You will need 6 of these 4 1/2 inch wide pieces

SEW:
1 1/2 inch wide piece of YELLOW to a 2 1/2 inch wide PURPLE by WOF. Cut these Yellow/Purple stips into segments each measuring 6 1/2 inches. You will need 6 of these segments.

SEW:
PLACE the 4 1/2 inch wide yellow purple segment in front of you with Yellow on the top. Lay the 3 1/2 inch segment to the LEFT of the 4 1/2 inch block so the yellow in both pieces are butted together. This will form the "L" shaped block around the 6 1/2 inch focus piece. Now, Sew the
4 1/2 inch wide segment of YELLOW and Purple to the 3 1/2 inch segment making sure the yellow pieces fit together. You'll make 6 of these.

Place the 6 1/2 inch Yellow/Purple block in front of you with the Yellow on top. Sew a 3 1/2 inch YELLOW to the LEFT end of the 6 1/'2 inch block. On the RIGHT end of the 6 1/2 inch block sew a 3 1/2 inch Yellow/Purple so now you have a plain yellow sewed to the LEFT side of the 6 1/2 inch piece and a YELLOW/PURPLE segment sewed to the RIGHT side of the
6 1/2 inch piece. You'll make 6 of these.

AGAIN, THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR A 6 BLOCK QUILT YOU WILL NEED TO DOUBLE ALL THESE PIECES FOR A LARGER QUILT..

I'm afraid I may lose this again so will send the written instructions now and get the pictures taken and send those next. Sorry, but my server wants to dump me if I take too long.

FeathersBabyQuilt Tutorial Pictures
[ATTACH=CONFIG]41192[/ATTACH]

Baby Quilt Tutorial Pix
[ATTACH=CONFIG]41227[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-41192.jpe   attachment-41227.jpe