Thread: selvages!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Jaynie

My quilting best friend recently came and spent 3 days at my house & we worked on string quilts from "selvages only". We had both been saving selvages for several years and decided it was time to do something. We started by emptying one of the two tubs of selvages on the cutting table. In the pictures you can see that after making over 35 nine inch block (some cut in 1/2 for borders) it did not appear that we had made much of a dent in our stash. After she went home, she called to tell me she has added about twice as many blocks to hers so far and I am working on four borders for mine, each in a different color. As you will see in the pics, it is still in the design stage on my design wall. Searching for & seperating colors in the mountain of selvages is quite a challenge. "Seams" as though we both have many more selvage projects ahead of us. This is a blast and goes really fast.

the pile of selvages before we started making blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28463[/ATTACH]

here are 30+blocks & 1/2 blocks....so far, plus the pile of selvages still on the table
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28467[/ATTACH]

still building colored blocks for borders, as you can see on the left it has a blk/wht border, then orange,red & purple
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28474[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-28463.jpe   attachment-28467.jpe   attachment-28474.jpe