Old 04-10-2011, 09:28 AM
jan on 446

I agree...What a transformation! Thanks for sharing the before and after pictures. I can't wait for the weather to warm up a little more so that I can go out in the barn and work on a few cabinets that need a little TLC.

Jan~I know that old masking tape can be pretty tricky. Have you tried taking a razor blade or sharp paring knife and very carefully "shaving" the surface part of the masking tape off. You don't need to get it all off just enough to allow the Goo-B-Gone to get under the "paper" part of the masking tape. Apply the Goo B Gone and let it sit for 1/2 hour and see if this removes the adhesive. You may need to reapply the gooBgone a couple times.

Thank you Shnnn for the weblink. I am going to order the print for my sewing room. It will be just the right touch :)[/quote]

I am afraid to try using a razor blade as it might scratch the bed. I'll get the Goo-B-Gone and try it. If I can get the tape to loosen the tape then I can more easily remove the glue. The stuff I have tried so far, I have left on the tape for hours and some overnight with no results. I think the tape must have been on there for many years. The previous owner who sewed, passed away and her sister sold me the Necchi Miracle. I think the sister said she had kept it for about 10 years before deciding to sell it as she didn't sew at all.
Thanks for your suggestion! This board is awesome!
Jan