Old 04-10-2011, 11:17 AM
dljennings

i use the 4 patch pattern from downy quilts for kids all the time, did the one they sent & a couple more frm my stash & sent those out,.. made a couple more for project linus...

made it w/horsey fabric for oldest dgd to take to kindergarden for naptime, w/a matching pillow.

made it with some size variations for my friend michele's sil who was dying of cancer... 5" blocks rather than 6" to accomadate a particular fabric, just made more blocks to make it longer & wider... fused some photos on it, zig zaged a "frame" around them... done in 1 day... i was stunned when i went to the wake & they had it draped over the lower half of the casket & then buried it with her...that was the most humbled i've been in a long, long time.

working on another variation using the lorilie nursing panel for a friend of mine who passed her boards..the panel cuts up to rectangles, and i am collecting fabrics to make the 4 patchs...even if they are rectangular rather than square...

youngest dd has been accepted to umass lowell... we will be going up there in the next couple weekends to ck out the campus... dad the worrier is concerned because lowell is a tough town... i hope to get to the bookstore and get her a t'shirt, so i can get an idea of the colors... then she will be getting one for her dorm room.... maybe they still make those scrubs with the school logo on them like they did years ago & i can get some for the large patches in this pattern...

her 2 best friend are also going there, so i am afraid i will wind up making 3 of them... hence the easy pattern!

thank god those don't have to be done until end of summer.... i'm so far behind now, i think i'm first!