Old 04-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Quiltgranny

Originally Posted by Julieintheburg
Thanks for the encouragement Karla! We all know you can never have too much of that ! Take good care of yourself so you can keep on quilting. I will post pictures when I finish my FMQ. I started with stitching in the ditch to anchor the blocks first, then moved onto the FMQ. It was perhaps a bit ambitious of me to FMQ such a large quilt..the stitching isnt perfect and I can see where my quilting improves in the quilt as I went along (not exactly professional looking results) but I think once its washed and shrinks up and puckers you wont see it so much. I have done this same technique on a baby quilt and loved the results. I guess we'll see when I'm done. Keep looking for my pictures- I hope to have the quilt finished and the pics posted soon!
Hi Julie,

I think it's so beneficial for all of us quilters when we share our high and low moments with our quilting experience. It is from those things that we learn more, receive encouragement and get to encourage others as well.

Thank you for reminding me to take care of myself. I try, but sometimes I get lost in my sewing/quilting and it takes me a while to figure out that there's a reason things are beginning to not go so well. :lol: I'm trying to back off and rest before things get there, but sometimes... :roll:

I'm having a hard time seeing your FMQ'ing on the beautiful quilt that you're done with below your White Chocolate. I'd love to see a close up or two of your work if you'd be willing to share. If you posted about this quilt earlier, I must've missed it and would love to see more of it. That is one adorable and lovely quilt, Julie. I have some of those same fabs, love almost anything from Debbie Beaves. Nicely done! :thumbup:

I'll be interested to see how my White Chocolate looks once it's washed and dried. Amazing how doing so can change the look so much sometimes. I just LOVE Hobbs Heirloom batting and that's what I use the most and what my WC has, too. They wash up so nice. My LAer encouraged me to think about "how crinkly and antique-y" the kids might want their quilt to be and to prepare my batting accordingly before I had her quilt it. I thought that was a wonderful idea, so decided to preshrink the batting a bit by spritzing it with a water bottle and putting it in the dryer to dry it. Since I wasn't sure what the kids wanted the final outcome to be, thought I'd be safe and preshrink it a 'bit', but not a lot, as in putting the batting in the washer to shrink. What do you do to prep your batting?

Here's the only pic I have of me putting in the final stitches.

Thanks for sharing your experiences too,

Karla

Putting in the final stitches on the quilt top - Yay!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182321[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-182315.jpe