Old 04-10-2011, 03:02 PM
Julieintheburg

Gosh- if you look at the front of the baby quilt, you will see that the gently curving lines sort of bi-sect the long "half-rectangle squares" that make up the butterfly wings. I just started the stitching at the point of the wings at the edge of the quilt and ran down the center of the "wings", then curved through the center of the 4 patch that made up the body of the butterfly, curved again through the center of the wings through the point of the triangle and continue across the quilt til I reached the other edge. Does that make sense? It is hard to explain without actually showing you...I just followed the way the quilt was pieced. The quilting you can see on the back that looks like the little butterfly body I fmq. If it would help, I can find the picture of the pattern, photocopy it, draw the quilting path, take a picture and post it?

I like to copy the pattern picture of the quilt in black and white then try different quilting designs. I avoid marking the quilt at all costs- I'm too lazy! I just tried to keep my stitching centered on each patch as I sewed over them with my walking foot.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182424[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-182418.jpe