Old 04-10-2011, 03:04 PM
gramajo

Originally Posted by Sandra in Minnesota
I think that I have read all of her books that my library and neighboring liebaries have. Just love her books. I am now on "The Union Quilters" and am enjoying it very much. A lot of history. Somehow I missed the book where Sara has her twins, does anyone know which book this is in??

Sara hasn't had her twins yet. I sure hope she does in the next book. I was hoping the latest book would say something about them, but instead The Union Quilters was family/friends history. She's just keeping us on edge so we buy the next book. And I for one, can't wait!

The Elm Creek series is addictive. She writes so well that you feel the characters are family & you just HAVE to find out what's happening next.

Can you tell I'm addicted?
:lol:

The Quilter's Apprentice was the 1st in the series. I feel this should be read 1st as it tells about the founding of Elm Creek Quilt Camp, which is the basis for all the other books.

I read all the books in the order they were published. Jennifer gives enough background to what she references that the reader is not lost--just leaves the reader wanting to know more. IMHO this has been great. You know what happened, but the book continues with its main theme. And a future book develops from that reference.

My daughter & I saw her in a talk last year. She is a real sweetheart. She autographed my copy of Sylvia's Bridal Sampler from Elm Creek Quilts. My LQS is having a BOM from this. There are several months to go, but when I get mine done, I'll post it.