Thread: first binding
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 03:20 PM
sew wishful

Originally Posted by sew wishful
Well, this is how my binding went: I thought I knew enough to just wing it so I folded my binding in half and sewed only one thickness to the rug. Then I began the sewing at a corner...ripped it out. Then began again and still sewed only one thickness of binding material. But I got it all back to the place I started and got the two attached. Now I have to "hem" the back side (turn it under and hand stitch). In the mean time...I made another...maybe tomorrow I can get pics on. It's been a fun learning experience and I will NEVER bind another mug rug! What I learned to do in the whole experience is meandering quilting on my machine!! What fun! You will see in the pics tomorrow it wasn't a perfect attempt but a fun one. And I will get better. So if I FMQ well I shouldn't need to be able to bind! (Just my thoughts on the subject!)
Well, here are the pics of my first and last binding on a mug rug! Too small to work with easily. I did not enjoy it at all. I might try it on a quilt, but that will be a bigger project.

The binding from h*ll!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182408[/ATTACH]

What will I do with these for edging?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182418[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-182402.jpe   attachment-182412.jpe