View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 03:23 PM
Becky Crafts

Originally Posted by Divokittysmom
Oh my gosh.. I soooo hear your frustrations!! Why is it when we want to sit down and make a ton of progress things like this happen. Beyond frustration is where it gets me and a few tears. I am so happy you were able to troubleshoot the problem and gt back up and running again!! Perserverence usually works! Good for you!! :thumbup:
When I have something like this happen my first plan of attack is make sure my machine is threaded correctly as sometimes threads can mysteriously pop out of tension disks. Next thing, remove the bobbin and clean. I try stitching again, if it isn't perfect I put in a new needle. I am floored at how many times I have put in a new needle and end up throwing it away and changing it again and then things work perfectly. I too have switched threads and bobbins. So far these things have worked for me on the machines I have now. :-D
Actually, I did all the things you mentioned including changing the needle, but it didn't help. When I was finally out of options, I tried changing the thread. Voila! Up & running smoothly again.