View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Maybe1day

Vicki I have mailed out the latest centre to you, registered post last Friday so hopefully you will receive it in just over a weeks time now.
I have a picture but just have to wait for someone to sort it out for me and take it off the camera (technically challenged I am)

On another note, there has been a bit of chatter on the board about gardens and what else one does such as canning maybe? so what do you girls get up to in your "spare" (when not working or quilting)

We have a large garden and attempt to grow enough to meet all our vegetable and fruit needs, so far so good and I am finding we also have plenty to give away. At the moment we are in fall here so I have pulled out most of the garden and refurbished the beds ready for the late fall and early winter plants. Hope to tend the fruit trees this week. Also been working on the terraced garden beds beside and across the front of our house.

Over the weekend I transplanted 3 pots of very root bound Scarborough Lillies into a permanent two garden beds across the side of my DHs shed. These bulbs had quite a few new ones with roots underneath so I have potted up half a dozen for a friend and the rest I will pot up today to sell in the spring at a craft week.

On the quilting front I have a few items on the go for the craft stall as well as a nice quilt for a house warming gift for son (his first house is being built) and a couple of charity comfort quilts for kids.
These are for the most part going to take a back seat as we have just had our house pre wired and so I will be needed to help with putting insulation in the walls and then putting up the gyp rock. Can't wait till we are at the stage of finishing off my sewing room :lol: Well that is where I am at so what have you all been up to?