Old 04-10-2011, 04:13 PM
aorlflood

Last week DH & I went to Maine for a vacation to visit his family. On Thursday we went to an auction and I got a featherweight and featherweight table!

The machine has it's bobbin case and a bobbin in it. It has a case, but the latches are broken. There are no other attachments, but that's not a problem for me. :) The machine was born on Nov. 22, 1946 and has been well-used because the decals are almost worn off in places. :)

The table is in great condition...the top is in good condition. I think I will go over it with a coat or two of polyurethane just to fill in any nicks or uneven places.

They sold the machine and table together, which surprised me! But I was very lucky and got BOTH for $110!!!!

The machine is very dusty so I'm going to take it in and have it gone through and cleaned thoroughly before threading it and sewing with it. But it purrs like a kitten and the light even works! LOL

My DH has rewired the foot pedal already, but told me to look for another one anyway, because the Bakelite is breaking down in places.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-182443.jpe   attachment-182444.jpe   attachment-182445.jpe   attachment-182447.jpe