Old 04-10-2011, 04:30 PM
tjradj

Originally Posted by Kathie S.
Kathie, I am sorry, I can hear your frustration. You are right, the hand wheel on the White goes away from you, the opposite of most other machines.

On your Lotus, is your needle inserted correctly - flat side to the right? Is the needle a good, not bent or barbed needle? Is the needle threaded from left to right? Is the machine threaded correctly? Is the bobbin threaded correctly - leading from the top and threaded in the slot in the bobbin case correctly?

Kathie, sometimes it is best to walk away and come back fresh - ready to start over. That is what I had to do for two months while I fought with my Betty (Davis Vertical Feed) until I finally got it working.

Nancy, I have rethreaded the machine several times with hubby watching me to make sure that is done by the book. I put in a new Janome needle. I tried using the old cheap thread, I tried using good thread and nothing helped. I am ready to throw in the towel. I may just take it into Ernie at Eand D and let them figure it out. Kathie
Have you checked if there is a scratch or burr on your needle plate? It will cause all kinds of birdsnests underside.