Old 04-10-2011, 05:41 PM
JanieH

Originally Posted by VickiM
Originally Posted by MTS
I've made several Lone Stars - but trying something different in the setting each time. Yeah, they have the same star, but no 2 really look anything alike.

Also Blooming 9-patches - more than a dozen as those are so much fun (for me) working to get the right fabrics. And those can end up with totally different looks - kids brights, elegant, oriental, etc.

I actually got sick of doing 9 patches so I used the fabrics chosen for my last Blooming to make a Lone Star. ;-) The star is done but it's in my UFO pile (for over 4 years :roll: ) while I ponder the setting.

I've made several RainyDay quilts - again, just testing how the the different fabrics can work.

I don't ever use "collections" of fabrics, or charm packs or layer cakes. Way too matchy matchy for me. I much prefer making my own fabric choices. Totally.

I have a fabulous baby quilt I make all the time because it's perfect and graphic and ignores whatever 'decor' the parents might have in mind. ;-) And I always, always know I have the fabrics needed on hand.

With the exception of the baby quilt (which can look similar even though each has different fabrics), I consider each one unique.
Can you tell us what the pattern for the baby quilt is that you use? It's nice to know there's one that ignores whatever the decor is. And a pic please.

I have very few patterns I make twice...that boredom thing. But I have a couple I will make when in a hurry, cuz they're fast & easy.
I would also be interested in the pattern!