Old 04-10-2011, 06:22 PM
cawsings

You may recall my post from earlier this week about not being sure of my color selection and wanting input on sashing, etc. Thanks so much for all of your input and suggestions...ESPECIALLY to those who pointed out that I had one of my corners rotated incorrectly. I now plan on using the off white for sashing with cornerstones in the green color.

My squares seem to line up correctly; however my main question for this post is about the areas that I circled in the picture. Sometimes my stitching doesn't seem "tight" enough at these points. I sew the top three squares together, the middle three squares together, and the bottom three squares together...then I sew the top to the middle and the bottom to the middle. I make sure to backstitch at each intersection (and do not sew through the seam allowance).

I might just be being picky or worried since this IS my first try at this. Sometimes it seems pressing seems to make it less noticeable and I'm wondering if when I actually go to quilt it if that will help as well. I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-182490.jpe