View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 06:22 PM
gramarraine

I just got back from a 4 day retreat. It was very casual and lots of fun. The organizers had a schedule of classes you could take and some of the ladies worked on their own projects. I took 5 classes and it was a little too many. Next year I probably won't take so many. The retreat was held in a remodeled assisted living center so it was set up for lots of people. Some came and stayed the entire time and some came and went. Food was available for an extra charge or you could eat someplace else. It was great and very resonable. Every day at 1:00 they had sharing time and door prizes donated by the lqs. I won 2 fat quarter bundles and 1 charm pack. Every night at 10:00 they had a group project. We did some quilt blocks for quilts of valor and made some pillow cases for foster children. We also made a protable ironing board and some other projects. It was a lot of fun and I came home really pumped about getting my projects done and sharing things I learned. Go planning to meet new people and having a lot of fun.