Old 04-10-2011, 07:07 PM
Sadiemae
Power Poster

I had started a Weaver Fever months and months ago(Love, love, love this pattern!). Unlike the first two I made, I decided to use Batiks. I made a couple of blocks and I just couldn't stand to even look at them. I put them in a box and pretended to ignore them. I knew I needed to finish them because I just can't afford to have fabric sitting like that when I don't have money to purchase any fabrics.
I made a deal with myself. I work on these blocks for two hours, then I take my poodle pottie, and I can come on QB and play for awhile, then I work on blocks for a couple more hours. I also do leaders and enders, so I have 3 small baby quilt tops made for foster kids in the process of making this quilt top. Now I am using "Birdie" charm squares to make quickie four patches.
I lovingly call it my ugly quilt. The manager at Hancock Fabrics told me I couldn't call it that anymore! It really isn't ugly. I just know two things about me: 1. I like contrast. 2. I don't like dark colors. I like bright colors.
One more seam on each block and I will have all 30 blocks ready to put the top together! (Hopefully when it is finished I can sell it and have a little money to purchase more fabric.)

What do you do to make yourself work on a quilt you really aren't in love with.