Old 04-10-2011, 08:40 PM
tammy cosper

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I had started a Weaver Fever months and months ago(Love, love, love this pattern!). Unlike the first two I made, I decided to use Batiks. I made a couple of blocks and I just couldn't stand to even look at them. I put them in a box and pretended to ignore them. I knew I needed to finish them because I just can't afford to have fabric sitting like that when I don't have money to purchase any fabrics.
I made a deal with myself. I work on these blocks for two hours, then I take my poodle pottie, and I can come on QB and play for awhile, then I work on blocks for a couple more hours. I also do leaders and enders, so I have 3 small baby quilt tops made for foster kids in the process of making this quilt top. Now I am using "Birdie" charm squares to make quickie four patches.
I lovingly call it my ugly quilt. The manager at Hancock Fabrics told me I couldn't call it that anymore! It really isn't ugly. I just know two things about me: 1. I like contrast. 2. I don't like dark colors. I like bright colors.
One more seam on each block and I will have all 30 blocks ready to put the top together! (Hopefully when it is finished I can sell it and have a little money to purchase more fabric.)

What do you do to make yourself work on a quilt you really aren't in love with.
I grin and bear it...a push on. And somewhere along the way I realize that I have learned something out of this trip. Likd for instance what you said about " all I know is...". We learn from our mistakes...You won't do that again. And the kicker is when you get it all done and everyone else "LOVES" it. And just keep telling yourself. I'm almost done. :wink:
Tammy