Old 04-10-2011, 09:23 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

I agree with the others ... pick up all the colours that are in the panel. All the shades of the tans/browns, and it looks like you could pick out a couple of each of the turquoise, green, fuschia. And any others we're not seeing here in the online pic.

My first thought was a piano key border ... then I thought ... perhaps emulate the pattern in the panel. In the first close up, there's a zig-zag pattern in the brown, green, turquoise and fuschia. What about using it?

Or for another pattern to pick up on, look at the bottom of the same pick to the left under the man there's a pattern in brown outline and white (or is it tan?) that you could work up for a border. Same pattern is on the second close up in browns and I agree with the others ... pick up all the colours that are in the panel. All the shades of the tans/browns, and it looks like you could pick out a couple of each of the turquoise, green, fuschia. And any others we're not seeing here in the online pic.

My first thought was a piano key border ... then I thought ... perhaps emulate the pattern in the panel. In the first close up, there's a zig-zag pattern in the brown, green, turquoise and fuschia. What about using it?

Or for another pattern to pick up on, look at the bottom of the same pick to the left under the man there's a pattern in brown outline and white (or is it tan?) that you could work up for a border. Same pattern is in browns and cream on the second close up towards centre, under the three people.

That'll be a very interesting project and you should have fun creating it!