View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 02:48 AM
Japonica

Hi all you experts!
My stepson is turning 50 in December. My goal is to make a memory quilt for him. I have many other projects going already for Christmas, so I needed to get a jump start on this.

I have only made one table topper, which I have yet to quilt. (just took my first class in November). I have, though, made a few of the rag quilts for GK's. So I was thinking, to keep it simple and not get overwhelmed, I would make him a rag memory quilt. That all being said, here is my question:

I bought some photo fabric on a roll that can be used with inkjet printers; it is 100% cotton twill and I was wondering if I could print those squares out, sew them to the flannel and then sew the squares together as normal for a rag quilt. Since we have a good relationship, I asked my stepson's Mom if she would like to be involved and she said yes. I thought this would be a great memory for my stepson in iteself! That is the other reason I thought a rag quilt would be good. She could take certain blocks and sew them at her home. So, can I mix the cotton twill with the flannel?

Suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!!!!