Old 04-11-2011, 06:18 AM
Lostn51
Banned

Originally Posted by jtapp9
Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by jtapp9
Finally some pictures! She is dated Feb 25, 1959, lot of 50,000.
I love your machine! If you can ever find a 3/4 sized cabinet jump on it. But the cabinet it is in now looks pretty darn nice.

Billy
Billy, does that look like an original foot pedal? Is this the machine that has to be in a case or cabinet to work?

Also, what should I do to protect that chipped spot and keep it from getting worse?

Thanks for your input! If not for the encouragement here I would not have two beautiful new to me vintage machines :thumbup:
Go to Micheal's and get a Testors Black paint pen and touch the spot up on her or you can try automotive touch up paint. As far as the pedal, yes it is a genuine Singer pedal that were used on their 3/4 machines. I never liked them and i usually swap them out for the FW style pedal because of personal preference.

Now something I did notice that you need to change out is the Belt. That is one of those one size fits all rubber belts that will burn up you motor so fast it will make your head swim. Put a regular belt on the machine and you will never have any issues.

Billy