View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 08:32 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Hi everyone, thought you might like to see pics of the quilt exhibition i visited in holland last week. Sorry some are a bit dark or fuzzy - I wasn't allowed to use flash. Some are from the mid 19th century and some modern, also some patchwork skirts made just after the second world war - this was reallt moving, they were made as a symbol of regrowth - taking the scraps of a wicked past and rebuilding them into a new future, I haven't explained that very well but i hope you get my drift!

Here's a link to the museum's site http://www.friesmuseum.nl/index.php?id=2086 it's in Dutch but if you go right down bottom left and click on the word English!

K x

PS Also went to a fabric fair where i got some lovely bargains - especially lots of blue and whites which are typically Dutch! There's a pic in their somewhere! And yes I went a bit mad but fabric in France is REALLY expensive so I don't often get bargains like this!

A sampler more modern - beautiful dresden plates!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]24049[/ATTACH]

More 19th century
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28546[/ATTACH]

Some 19th century quilts - made by a 14 year old
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28597[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-24049.jpe   attachment-28546.jpe   attachment-28597.jpe