Old 04-11-2011, 11:36 AM
charismah
Banned

Asmmauer sent me this ADORABLE quilt!

SHe made this for her grand-daughter and it is all of her DGD favorite things..all the details are AMAZING! A radio, Vaccuum, A family tree, a picture of her house, dolly with different outfits...she stores the extra outfit in the little purse that is attached on another block (How Genius is that?) ....I LOVE this quilt! This is the perfect girly quilt!

I kept the quilting designs very simple..and whimsy. Sometimes that is best my original ideas were to add a bunch of flowers and vines and rally in the end sometimes simple is best because the end result is that the focus is on all of the elements of the quilt. It is also hard to see or feel in the pictures but this quilt feels soft and airy almost like a comforter... I think maybe it was the fabrics or a combination of both.

As far as quilting..In each block I quilted some extras to add to the block..tea-pot had steam coming out of it's spout(A's idea) and I quilted "tea time" in the block, Vacuum says "vroom-vroom"...clouds with the baloon.

I love this quilt and I am honored to be a part of it..in a very small way.....Thanks Angie!

I quilted this on my INNOVA. No pantograph or computer quilting.

I used Hobbs polydown batting.

Thanks for looking.

I quilted music notes in with the stipple
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182768[/ATTACH]

last border
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182770[/ATTACH]

back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]182773[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-182756.jpe   attachment-182757.jpe   attachment-182758.jpe   attachment-182759.jpe   attachment-182760.jpe  

attachment-182761.jpe   attachment-182762.jpe   attachment-182763.jpe   attachment-182764.jpe   attachment-182767.jpe  

attachment-182768.jpe