View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 12:07 PM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
I bought this off of Ebay, I wanted something that could do decorative stitching and letters, but did not want the full embroidery functions, I don't think I am ready for that. Also wanted a machine that could do various things if needed, so I settled on the Singer Professional 2010, It has hundreds of decorative stitches. so making a short story long, I just had to play with it. I am alright at FMQ, but I really really like quilting my quilts with decorative stitches. So I dug in my stash and this is what I did yesterday.
Good Job!!! A suggestion to make your lettering easier is to put a layer of tear-away stabilizer under your fabric when you do lettering. All you need is a narrow strip, even a piece of paper will help. Then when you are done you can tear it away and voila you have perfect lettering. I struggled with this issue when I first started using my fancy stitches too. The other thing you can do is interface the areas where you are going to be doing your fancy stitches and lettering. Helps keep the fabric from stretching and puckering. I wished I had known these things when I started lo those many years ago.... :roll: Keep up the good work :thumbup: