Thread: shipping fabric
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Prism99
Power Poster

Originally Posted by butterflywing
i opened pixi.com and didn't see any shipping info. where is it?
Here is the shipping information page from the Debsews website:

http://www.debsews2.com/shin.html

Debsews is shipping from Hawaii. Scrolling down to the international shipping information, she is saying she can fit up to 8 yds in a priority international mail envelope (which would be same price as the small flat rate box) and up to 25 yards into the regular flat rate box ($41.95). Looks like her published postage rates may be lagging behind post office changes, but they are very similar.

Anyway, looks like the flat rate envelope will hold more than the flat rate box. 8-9 yards for the envelope, but only 4.5 yards for the small box (based on my calculations). That's probably why she doesn't even list the small flat rate box as an option; the flat rate envelope is the same price ($12.95) but holds more fabric.

Now I have to go back to the usps website and see where that flat rate envelope is for priority international mailing. I didn't see it there when I looked before.

The key points seem to be that no matter how much we stuff into any of these flat rate items, they will not exceed the weight limitations. I do think the amount of yardage that can be stuffed in will vary somewhat with the brand of fabric, since some cotton fabrics are heavier and more tightly woven than other and less yardage will fit into the flat rate package because of that.