View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 02:18 PM
quilting.addict

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
Last week I got started putting the blocks together and quilting these three quilts for the Nevada Diabetes Silent auction happening in july in tandum with a charity golf tournament.

The pink hearts and crazy patches are donated blocks from two members here who graciously sent them to me for the auction. The backing fabric on the hearts was also a gifted from a third member too! Pretty cool huh? Three quilts five persons involved in the materials.

The last duckie one is my child quilt one (I bought the blocks done up by debbie umphress last year.)

I made quick work of these quilts. But, they will hold up to wear. A book I once read calls these "drager quilts". Cause they will get lots of use. Just quilted for utilitarian use. Good for me, cause I am not all that great at quilting anyway. LOL!
I have done FMQ a lot; I just keep puzzle pieces in my head and go at it in a six inch wide swath, from top to bottom. I would love to do what you do with the walking foot, but cannot get a good medium speed control out of my Husqvarna Fresia 415. I love the curves you did. Keep it up...it looks great!