Old 04-11-2011, 08:57 PM
FroggyinTexas

Originally Posted by Prism99
I have to do that and have no one around to ask. Printed out something like 163 pages of the Medicare Handbook. Am I dumb or what? Very difficult to figure out.

My husband still works and we have a health coverage plan from his workplace (large company). It looks like I should sign up for Part A and just wait on Part B until he retires or gets laid off. We are both pretty healthy and don't need a lot of drugs, so Part D is out.

I can't believe nobody else gets confused about this stuff. It makes me feel really dumb.......
I love Medicare. It has paid more reliably than the group insurance I had as a Texas teacher--and for the first 20 years I taught, we didn't have any insurance at all. No single teacher could have afforded to buy a private plan.

However, I agree with you that the Medicare handbook is confusing. If you want to spend your time that way, you can figure it out, but there are experts in your community who can tell you what you need to know. Just be careful around the ones who are trying to sell you a supplemental plan or enroll you in a drug plan. Sounds like you've already got both.