Old 04-12-2011, 05:09 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Foxflower
Nancy, thank you. With the help of google I finally got the info too. Yes, a 15 with 50,000 allotted in 1906, manufactered in NJ. I don't know how many 15s with the sphinx are around. I did see 1 referenced/sold when I did my google search. It has a 3 drawer stand, which I have fixed up, but one of the drawers has fallen apart. I live so far out in the middle of no-where I'm not sure I it'll get repaired soon. I did talk to a quilt shop owner who has fixed some up and has agreed to look at mine. But, she is over an hour away and I don't have to go to that town for awhile. Anyway, any idea on value anyone?
The price range on those treadles goes up and down the board! Depends on who is buying and what they are willing to pay. They seem to be climbing, but most antique stores around here won't take them now, because of the economy they don't sell (at least not for what they are asking). The most I have ever paid for a beautiful treadle in pristine shape was $90, for a Wheeler and Wilson from Portugal (page 417 here). Most of my treadles, I got for under $65 -- but, I am a bargain hunter. I always tell people to put a price on theirs and see if there are any takers - if not lower the price!

Nancy