Thread: BINDING
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Maride

I cut my strips 2.5 inches wof and sew them together. I don't like the wasted fabric cutting on the bias. When it is long enough I press it folded in half lenghtwise. Leave an edge hanging about 8 inches long and attach it to the top of the quilt (raw edges together) by machine. You have to fold the corners to mitter them. When I am approaching the hanging edge I started with, I leave a few inches hanging. I now overlap the two loose ends for 0.5 inches and cut. I open them, place them right sides together and sew. When you are done, they will lay against the quilt and you will never be able to tell where you artarted attaching the binding. Remember, all these was to on the top of the quilt with the machine. Now you are going to fold the binding to the back of the quilt and with an invisible stitch attach the folded end of the binding to the back of the quilt. If I am making a quilt that will be used and washed I use tight and short stitches. For a wallhanging I use larger stitches. It takes me about 2 hours to bind a queen size quilt.

Clear as mud?

Maria